Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Pork Chops and Apple Sauce

There can be few dishes in this world anywhere as delicious and saliva-inducing as pork chops, at least in my experience. And today, I developed a hankering for some. Luckily, I happened to have a few in my freezer, so I was able to prepare them for today's dinner.

The key to tasty chops, in my opinion, is simply to be sure to use enough salt and pepper. Any and all other spices are entirely optional. In this case, I added some basil.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The greeny goo towards the left edge of the plate is apple sauce. Truth be told, I'm not actually all that keen on having apple sauce with pork chops (or even pork roast). Apple sauce on its own is delicious, as are pork chops by themselves. The combination, however, is just weird as far as I'm concerned. But it's traditional in the UK and I had some sauce left over from Christmas, so I took the opportunity to finish it off. Next time, it's tomato ketchup!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said…

    i used to eat my chops with ketchup.. when i was a kid.. but when i got older.. everyone so stylo-malo... eat with apple sauce.. so i did too.. :) and i do love apple sauce.. but not as much as i would like to.. :)

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    I've just decided to go on a healthy-eating spree so am deciding to cook loads of stuff on my own. However, as I do not have many ideas, I would highly appreciate it if you could hand me the recipe for the apple sauce and the pork chop too, for that matter! :) thx

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger MisSmall said…

    I'm not big on pork chop with apple sauce too. Ketchup works so much better for me.

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger Primrose said…

    Hmmm... I like to eat everything without sauces unless it's mushroom sauce.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger april yim said…

    Argh... now you're making me crave for pork chops!

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger boo_licious said…

    I'm guilty of liking pork chops with apples. Reminds me of the yummy roast pork at Colliseum Cafe.

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Hey, Yuen Li. Gong Xi Fa Cai!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger YuenKer said…

    haha.. PorkChops for me, porkchops for me. Make sure this happens when u get back or ull be finding your own way back to the airport.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home